Here are a few answers to common questions about the "Golden Ticket to Literacy" and our book vending machines.
Do you have info I can share with my school?
How can my school fund the project?
- ESSER funds from the federal COVID relief funds can be used to fund the purchase of the machine and the books to fill it. Ask if your school has available funds
- Check with your PTO about providing funding
- Reach out to businesses in your community to support the project (if permitted by the school district, their names can be included via magnets on the sides of the machines)
- NEA Foundation Student Success Grants
- Dollar General Literacy Grants ($4000 for schools with a Dollar General within 15 miles)
- Check out these additional funding resources suggested by Global Vending Group, the creator of the book vending machine: https://bookvending.com/fundraising/
How can we order the complete package?
- Select the Golden Ticket Book Vending Machine package
- Once ordered, we will help you select the packages necessary to fill it for your demographics, and we will select a book for the meet-the-author visit together.
If we already have a book vending machine, how do we select the books to fill it properly?
- Go to the BUNDLES page and chose the basic bundle. That will completely fill our standard machine. You can also select your books by tray. Add additional bundles to fit your demographics, or select individual titles (at a 40% discount) to complete your collection. We can help you tailor your machine to fit your demographics if you need additional or fewer books. Just reach out!
How can we customize the machine for our school?
- Send us your school logo and any other language you would like to have on the machine. If you want to redesign the machine entirely (and not use our standard machine), there is a $400 fee. But every machine comes with magnets with your school logo and special (limited) branding
How do I set up the vending machine after it arrives?
- Please watch this video to learn how to properly set up your machine!
How do we select an author for our golden ticket meet-the-author event?
- Decide if you prefer a virtual or in-person event (this will be limited to authors in your area). Select your favorite few authors and contact us for availability. If your school will host two events (additional author events cost $1,800 including 250 books), select one for your younger grades and one for the older grades, so the students receive books at their interest level.
What are other schools saying about the program?
- Read some of the testimonials from school staff, students, and parents here
I am an indie published author. How can I get my books into your program?
- While we are selective in our collection, we are open to suggestions for titles and publishers. To submit your application, please fill out this form and we will get back to you!